Monday, March 15, 2010

2 Weeks In...

Well, we are officially 2 week old homeowners. And it's been freaking crazy. I love how everyone asks - when are the movers coming? When are the painters coming? I guess we are crazy for doing it all ourselves! But we are pretty much all moved in. We even got the bulk of the painting done, thanks to the help of our wonderful friends!

We really got a lovely surprise when we moved to Catonsville. We didn't know too much about the area, but we instantly feel in love. We are within walking distance to the quaint town. It's been so much fun being able to walk into town to pick up a bottle of wine, a sandwich or grab dinner at one of the great restaurants. It seems like we live in a 1950's town, where people are friendly, and everything is close by. Speaking of friendly people, we've had about 5 of our neighbors stop by to welcome us! One brought a plant, homemade salsa, and a homemade card! Is this the friggin Twilight Zone? Seriously, in our last place, people ran away from each other. I feel so lucky to have found this little happy place to live!

OK OK I'll shut up now. Here are some pix of the place.


This is the front (obvs). In the immediate future I plan to paint the railing a nice shiny black. We also need a new non-horrendous light above the garage, and a new house number. These seem like relatively easy fixes...



Here is the living room before - from different views. It's a solid house, right? "Good bones," they say. But it certainly needed an overhaul to bring it out of the 80's/grandma land.

Annnd the lovely dining room!
And the after! Bye bye heavy, dusty, cat-hair infested grandma curtains!


We still have lots to do - but are super happy with our color selections. Especially with my track record of picking out gnarly funky colors. *Shout out to my mom here - who always let me express my creative side, even if that meant painting my bedroom walls booger green.*



We chose Antique Linen by Glidden for above the chair rail, and Olivewood by Glidden for beneath. And I'll get back to you on the chair rail and trim, though I'm pretty sure it was a semi-gloss white of some sort by Glidden.

More to come!

xo
c

2 comments:

  1. 1. I LOVE my 1950s-Pleasantville-neighborhood, & now find it weird when I am walking in newer areas and people DON'T wave & say "hi"! Unfriendly jerks.
    2. Hiring painters is for losers.
    3. SO AWESOME! Good luck & love that arched doorway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When's the housewarming party?! hehe... It's looks great and I am glad you are loving it. I'm gonna subscribe to your blog to stay in the loop here!

    ReplyDelete